Cerreto D'esi Print
The castle of Cerreto d'Esi is located on a small hill at the edge of the Apennine. The name derives from cerrus (turkey oak), dense forests are indeed still on the hills and in the eastern part of the municipality. The turkey oak, tree similar to oak, also appears in the city's emblem. In 1862 the word "d'Esi" was added, referring to the river Esino and to distinguish it from homonymous villages. Located in an area of extensive agricultural use, Cerreto is also known for the cultivation of the vine and the production of wines Verdicchio and Vernaccia Cerretana.