1. Vai direttamente al menu principale
  2. Vai direttamente al contenuto
  3. Vai direttamente al menu di destra
Home Discover the land Serra San Quirico What to visit in Serra San Quirico
What to visit in Serra San Quirico
Parco Naturale Regionale della Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi PDF Print E-mail

The former monastery of Saint Lucia is also home of the Headquarters of the Park. Born in September 1997, is one of the last protected areas born in the Marche region and the largest of the region. Extended over a portion of the Apennine side of the Province of Ancona, entirely in the territory of the Comunità Montana Esino-Frasassi, the Park covers five municipalities: Arcevia, Cerreto d'Esi, Fabriano, Genga and Serra S. Quirico.
Its area, beyond the environmental characterization, also has great tourist attractions, gastronomic and cultural. The small towns on the hills, rich in history and art, are well mixed with the natural beauty, in one of the most fascinating landscapes of the central Italy.The Headquarter is open to the public to learn about the fauna and flora of the protected area, a remarkable example of biodiversity. Reconstructions of the environmental context with models offer an evocative introduction to nature walks.

Show in GOOGLE MAPS

 
Old town and town walls PDF Print E-mail

The importance of the castle, built in the twelfth century, is documented by its fortifications. The defensive system is impressive, as the extension of the medieval castle, entirely preserved, one of the largest in the Vallesina. Its walls allow to enjoy the rural landscape of the valley and of Monte Murano. Impressive are the "Copertelle", covered passageways along the walls topped by houses, which open to the outside with large arches, making the village a impregnable.Two were the gates to enter the town: Porta Pesa and Porta Forchiusa, of which we can still appreciate the architectural structure, as well as the many towers along the walls.The castle is dominated by the imposing tower "del Cassero" of the fourteenth century, a bulwark of the town and strategic lookout point to dominate the valley (Vallesina).

Show in GOOGLE MAPS.

 
Cartoteca Storica delle Marche PDF Print E-mail

In the monumental environments of the ex-monastery of Saint Lucia (XVIII sec.) was set up a real historical cartographic museum, which houses a large collection of maps and engravings, essential to understand the historical geography of the region. The collection is divided into three rooms and offers a didactic reconstruction of the history of cartographic mapping of the territory.

The maps stored here are documents of great artistic refinement. Engraved and printed from the sixteenth century, also allow you to "read" the historical administrative and geographical transformation of the territory of Marche region: the ancient Ducato di Urbino, and the Marca Anconitana e Fermana, until the first maps of the Stato Pontificio of the eighteenth century and the new Stato Unitario, produced by military cartographers.
One room houses the reproduction of a globe by the Venetian Vincenzo Coronelli (1650-1718), who had worked as cosmographer in France at the court of Re Sole.

Read more...
 
Church of S.Filippo Neri PDF Print E-mail

It's a small church with a sober facade built in 1678 by brothers don Grisante e Giovanna Armezzani, the last descendants of one of the most illustrious families of the town, following the widespread spirituality "filippina" in the Marche region of the seventeenth century.

Through the stone entrance portal, which is reminiscent of a temple of classical antiquity, the interior is elegant and refined, with fake Corinthian columns supporting a richly decorated entablature. The fine wooden choir (1689)
was carved by the sculptor Gaudezio Santucci from Ostra, while the painting of a powerful "Sant’Andrea apostolo" (1631) was designed by Antonino Sarti from Jesi.

Show in GOOGLE MAPS.

 
Church of Santi Quirico and Giulitta PDF Print E-mail

The church dedicated to the patron was built in the eleventh century, but after the terrible earthquake of 1741 it was rebuilt in a classical and baroque style, while outside you can still see its original simple Romanesque lines.
It has three naves, and contains a relic, the "Sacra Spina", belonged, as the tradition says, to the crown of Jesus, as well as significant works of art. Among these, a great painting by  Pasqualino Rossi (1641-1718) representing the "Sacra Spina" supported by angels, with some people particularly dear to the community, as owners saints of the church, San Silvestro and Sister Alessandra Sabini, abbess of Arcevia venerated since she was alive. Beautiful is also the painted earthenware altar with the "Madonna della Misericordia tra san Quirico e san Domenico con i Misteri del Rosario", by the same workshop that produced in the sixteenth century many altars of churches in this mountainous area, drawing inspiration from the work of the Della Robbia workshop. On the front internal face of the entrance there is the organ (1775), the work of the Fedeli.

Show in GOOGLE MAPS.

 
Church of Santa Lucia PDF Print E-mail

The church has medieval origins, and belonged to the Benedictine monks "Silvestrini". Completely rebuilt in the second half of the seventeenth century is now one of the most beautiful baroque works of the region.

The church has an extraordinary interior, with the superb wooden golden altars  attributed to the French Leonardo Scaglia (mid-seventeenth century.) and the stucco sculptures, giving a warm and welcoming appearance. Remarkable also the wooden choir, the altar in polychrome marble, work of Giovanni Fabbri da Sant'Ippolito (XVIII sec.) and the frescoed ceiling (1694).
Important are also the paintings that adorn the altar, true repertoire of baroque art. Five large paintings surround the apse, representing the "Storie di santa Lucia", a masterpiece of Pasqualino Rossi (1641-1718). The artist Giovanni Francesco Romanelli from Viterbo (1610-1662) signs instead the“Vergine appare a Sant’Ugo”, while the elegant “Sacra Famiglia e santi” is by the well-known painter Giuseppe Cesari, known as "Cavalier d'Arpino" (1568 -1640). The organ (1675) is well-adjusted into the decorative baroque context of the church, over the entrance.

Show in GOOGLE MAPS

 


 

logo Parco Gola della Rossa e Frasassi

logo Comunità Montana

Logo accessibilità

Logo attestante il superamento, ai sensi della Legge n. 4/2004, della verifica tecnica di accessibilità.